Billions of dollars are spent every year on Black Friday. Cyber Monday sales soar year after year. You need money (That’s why you started selling your product in the first place isn’t it, well, one of the reasons.) and you’re bound and determined not to miss out on those holiday sales this season. Here are 5 simple steps to work this season and make this season work for you.
- Set a goal for how much you need to sell and by what date. This might seem like a needless first step but goals help to keep you focused and they give you a starting point to break down what you need to do each day to actually make money.
- Divide your dollar amount goal by the number of days between now and your goal date. Great! Now you know how much you need to sell each day to reach your goal and make the money you need. It’s going to start to seem a lot more achievable. If you set a goal date of Dec. 23 and today is Nov. 16 and your sales goal is $1000 then you have 37 days to sell $1000. That means you need to sell about $27 in product every single day. Here’s something fun to do. Don’t let the days accumulate. If you sell $100 today, still go for another $27 tomorrow. That way you just might fly right past that goal amount.
- Contact the people. The next calculation you need to do is figure out how many people you need to contact to sell your daily goal amount. If you have a company with a highly reorder-able or consumable product you might be able to contact your easy customers first. If your model requires you to see the people or direct them to a site for most sales you have to get on it! Set a goal number of contacts to make and actually make contact with that many people each day. If you have to talk to 5 people to make a sale, then call 10. (The ones you don’t reach can go on tomorrow’s list.) Reach your 5 people every day by 9:00 at night then take your own time to chill.
- Plan an open house, craft show booth, or virtual party or traveling open house as soon as possible. There are a ton of wonderful ideas to have hostess competitions or drawings. Whatever you do try to give all your customers a chance to see what is new for the holidays up close and personal. Invite them with a phone call or digital message then send them a text the day of the event. People really do want to see and touch what they’re buying. You can even do a traveling open house and have several hostesses around town invite a few friends to see your holiday sets. Pack them pretty and only stay for a short time, that way you can meet several hostesses in one day. If they can see it your sales will be higher but sometimes that just isn’t possible. Providing an online shopping option can help the busiest of shopper have an opportunity to see what you’re offering. Make it clean, simple to choose from and make great deals. The stores offer good deals this time of year and everyone is looking for a chance to save a dollar. Some of the best deals are gift with purchase. If you have any products that are from a previous line and you can’t use for show any longer, give those (wrapped beautifully) as a gift with purchase to customers who purchase a certain dollar amount. (Or you can give them an entry into a drawing for some beautiful products for ever $10 they spend.)
- Work your plan every day, then give yourself a break. You’ve got a lot of shopping to do too. You have a family and friends who would like to see you this season. Be sure that once you’ve don what you are supposed to do, to completely be done with it. Pay attention to those you love or they will resent your business and won’t be quite as excited when you reach your goal. Be sure that you are all in when you are working and all in when you are with your friends and family.
Most important is planning your work and working your plan. If you give it your all, you will have sales and you will be proud of your accomplishments when you look back on a wonderful selling season.