5 Social Media Tips For Your Business
With 2014 being Facebook’s tenth anniversary, we want to revisit the discussion of using social media for your direct sales business. What began as a platform for college-aged students has developed into one of the leading platforms of social interaction of both individuals and businesses. In order to use Facebook and other social platforms to their fullest extent, here are five tips that can help you build a fruitful audience:
1. Stop selling and start relating: Using verbiage that announces that you’re selling something can leave distaste with your customers. Instead, give them a reason to relate to you. Statements like:
- I used my new tote, the Uptown Rolling Weekender on a weekend girls trip last weekend, and it was a lifesaver!
- Went to an Appetizer and Wine party over the weekend, I took Hawaiian Jalapeno Chicken Pizza made with Wild Tree whole wheat crust. It was a hit!
- Did you know that the reason Origami Owl was created because it’s founder Bella, who was 16 years old at the time, wanted to save enough money to buy a car? If she can do it, so can we!
2. Share your expertise & know your customers’ needs: To piggy-back the first point, be the expert of your business and provide them with useful information or tips that will help them get the most out of their products. Keep in mind who is a fan of your page, and how you’ve interacted with them in the past. From here you can create content that will benefit them, and will keep them coming back to spend money with you.
3. Utilize video platforms: Search platforms such as YouTube and Vimeo for videos created for your products. Often times you can find videos created by your company that you can share with your followers on Facebook and Twitter. If you can’t find quality videos or videos on a certain topic, use your computer to create something yourself! YouTube and Vimeo platforms are easy to use, so be the creator of your content and expand your following!
4. Integrate multiple social platforms: Social media can be a very powerful tool, especially when multiple networks are combined to create one powerful marketing tool. While it may seem daunting to maintain multiple accounts, there are several tools available like Hootsuite that allow you to schedule posts, or create “recipes” with If This, Then That (IFTTT).
With IFTTT, you can create functions that will post your Instagram photo to your blog, or your blog post to Facebook or Twitter. Really, the opportunities of integration are endless with this tool.
5.Use #Hashtags: Like it or not, hashtags have become a prominent language if you will in social media. Train your audiences by using them consistently. All posts that contain your hashtags will show up when that particular hashtag is searched.
Good luck on your social media journey. If you have a smart phone, you have the tools you need to create a successful online presence.